Open Archives as a whole is an experiment, it drives innovative development. Some experiments are not implemented on the whole website yet, but do have a separate page to present the idea.
- October 4, 2013Presentation of VOC-crew - by using a timeline the date is more insightful
- October 18, 2013Street name links to old map 1 - marker on a plan of Leiden from 1897 (CC-BY-SA)
- October 19, 2013Street name links to old map 2 - marker on a plan of Noordwijk from 1913 (CC-BY-SA)
- October 22, 2013Links to scans on FamilySearch - link to scans outside the archive
- October 31, 2013Census Rijnsburg (Netherlands) 1840 - interactive data visualisation
- December 8, 2013Streetview Leiden - streets as lines on historical map
- December 23, 2013Link explorer - automatically find related persons from a 'start' record and presenting these in a dynamic graph
- December 28, 2013People timeline - alternative view of persons in a census, more insights by using timeline
- January 31, 2014Biographies - linking birth and death records to biographies via the Dutch Biography Portal
- March 27, 2014Netherlands War Graves Foundation - link between records and the victim register
- May 13, 2014Vluchtelingen uit België, geregistreerd in Tilburg - visualisatie op de kaart
- July 26, 2014Chord Diagram of links between sources
- July 30, 2014HISGIS - Historische persoonsgegevens vanuit Kadaster 1832 doorzoekbaar op naam
If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.
Peter F. Drucker
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
Find your ancestors and publish your family tree on Genealogy Online via https://www.genealogieonline.nl/en/