Open Archives as a whole is an experiment, it drives innovative development. Some experiments are not implemented on the whole website yet, but do have a separate page to present the idea.
- October 4, 2013Presentation of VOC-crew - by using a timeline the date is more insightful
- October 18, 2013Street name links to old map 1 - marker on a plan of Leiden from 1897 (CC-BY-SA)
- October 19, 2013Street name links to old map 2 - marker on a plan of Noordwijk from 1913 (CC-BY-SA)
- October 22, 2013Links to scans on FamilySearch - link to scans outside the archive
- October 31, 2013Census Rijnsburg (Netherlands) 1840 - interactive data visualisation
- December 8, 2013Streetview Leiden - streets as lines on historical map
- December 23, 2013Link explorer - automatically find related persons from a 'start' record and presenting these in a dynamic graph
- December 28, 2013People timeline - alternative view of persons in a census, more insights by using timeline
- January 31, 2014Biographies - linking birth and death records to biographies via the Dutch Biography Portal
- March 27, 2014Netherlands War Graves Foundation - link between records and the victim register
- May 13, 2014Vluchtelingen uit België, geregistreerd in Tilburg - visualisatie op de kaart
- July 26, 2014Chord Diagram of links between sources
- July 30, 2014HISGIS - Historische persoonsgegevens vanuit Kadaster 1832 doorzoekbaar op naam
Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
Publish your family tree and find your ancestors on Genealogie Online!