This documentation describes version 1.0 of the Open Archives API. The methods marked with an asterisk (*) require an API key, contact Open Archives to apply for one. All output is in UTF-8 and cached (server-side and via max-age header) for a day, unless otherwise specified.
API calls are throttled per IP address to 4 requests per second (Leaky Bucket).
- Search - searches the genealogical data set and returns the found persons (and records)
- Match - searches for records where a person identified by name and birthyear is mentioned
- Show - shows one specific genealogical record
- Years ago - lists people born years ago
- Add (*) - adds a comment to a record
- Delete (*) - deletes a comment
- List - lists comments made on records
- Weather - historical weather measurements
- Census - information about the Dutch population
Open Archives URI
Records presented on Open Archives all have an URI. This URI resolves to content based on content-negotiation.
Open Archives provides search results as defined by the Open Search specification. There's an OpenSearch description document for each language: NL, EN, DE & FR.
Want to harvest the genealogical data?
Open Archives also provides an OAI-PMH data provider for harvesting.
Zoek uw voorouders en publiceer uw stamboom op Genealogie Online via https://www.genealogieonline.nl/